Monday, January 31, 2011

Home again, home again, jiggety-jog

We are home.

It was a lovely trip.  Along the way we visited family and friends and enjoyed the Gippsland Coast of Victoria and the South and Central Coasts of New South Wales.

We had thought about throwing the tablecloth into the Tasman Sea so that the salt water could get to it, but decided that it would be a hassle to unwrap and wrap again.  We did throw other pieces into the sea to rust but I will save that for another day. (We didn't litter, we did retrieve them).

At Long Jetty we opened the parcel and let the patina mature.  I will have to post those images another day as they are on a different camera.  We stayed at Long Jetty with Nick's sister, Jacq, and her partner, Glenda.  Jacq watered the tablecloth every night.


All dressed up and ready to go

The tablecloth is now established in the bowels of the Powerhouse Museum until later this year.  I do feel relieved.  It was a worry with it being on the back of our truck.  I was concerned that it might fall off, or that we would be hit and it would be damaged.  It was sitting on the top to safe guard against squashing, and because of this, it was difficult to find our belonging which were hiding underneath.




When we arrived at the Powerhouse I was able to follow the piece into the store rooms.  I helped unwrap  the piece and checked that it was still sitting the way that I had planned.  Lauren, one of the people involved, was lovely and I felt comfortable leaving the piece in her hands.  

At the Powerhouse Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment