Monday, July 16, 2012

Please forgive my transgressions

The opening of Transgression, at Off The Kerb Gallery, has been and gone and I still haven't finished writing about the installation.  

The images below were taken on Sunday, my first installation day.  The ceiling joists had to be found so that the ropes would hang safely.  This was difficult as the old ceiling had sagged away from the joists.  Nick, long suffering, very talented, husband, drilled hole after hole while I held my breath thinking that the ceiling would end up riddled with holes.  

I left the objects hanging with the promise of coming back to adjust height and add scale (the residue from forging steel).  It was the next day that I was told that the oil had dripped onto the floor.  After inspecting the damage I chose to let them drip onto the floor.  The drips just added to the dirty, messy, hands-on manufacture of the work that was suggested by the rope.


Nick finding the joists in an old ceiling.  


First day of installation

No comments:

Post a Comment